Sunday, January 31, 2010

A little god joke

A man is stuck on the roof of his house, and the level of the flood water is rapidly rising. The man is praying to god to help him, to save him from a watery death. By the time the water level reaches the bottom edge of the roof, another man in a rowboat rows up and says “get in! I can take us to higher ground!”. But the man refuses, saying that god will save him. By the time the water is halfway up the roof, a motorboat comes up and the pilot says “get in! I can take you to safety!”. But again, the man refuses, stating that god will save him. Finally, the water is up to his waist when a helicopter hovers over him. A man in the helicopter says “get in! We can fly you to higher ground!”. But the man refuses, assuring god will save his life. The flood waters rise, and the man dies. When he is in heaven, he goes to god and asks “Why didn’t you save me? I prayed and I prayed, but you didn’t save me,” to which god replies “I sent two boats and a fucking helicopter."

0 comments: